Polyethylene Mounting Tapes
Cost Effective Performance
The superiority of Capital Tape’s mounting products is plain to see. They bond to all mirror backings, especially the protective coatings used by many mirror manufactures. Plus, Capital Tape’s products are chemically compatible with mirror mastics, such as Glazers Choice® Mirror Adhesive. These tapes also are great for permanent mounting of posters or design point of purchase displays.
PE Mounting Foams
PE Foams are coasted on both sides with acrylic or rubber based adhesive. Black foams are available with green or red plastic liner. White foam is available with a blue plastic liner.
1/32″, 1/16″, 1/8″
Standard and Custom Widths Available.
- Clean contact surfaces, preferably with a 50/50 blend of isopropyl alcohol and water, making sure they are dry. Dirt, grease or other foreign matter will prevent the adhesive from creating a strong bond.
- Apply the tape using firm steady pressure preferrably with a roller. The bond is enhanced by the amount of surface contact between the adhesive and the substrate.
- Avoid touching the exposed adhesive area to limit any contamination of the adhesive surface.
- Do not stretch the tape because this will effectively reduce the thickness of the adhesive surface.
- Remove the release liner with a smooth even pull. Twisting the liner or pulling in a jerky, fast manner may tear the paper liner.
- After the mirror is positioned, apply even pressure over the area where the tape has been applied.
- Tape can be applied to either surface first.
Rubber-based (R/R) adhesives feature high initial adhesion to high and low surface energy materials such as polypropylene, polyethylene, ABS, polycarbonates, metals (painted and powder coated). Long term adhesion is best in temperatures under 140 degrees F.
Acrylic adhesives (A/A) are well suited to exterior applications due to their UV and solvent resistance characteristics. They will withstand temperatures up to 200 degrees F long term.
• Store tape in clean area free from exposure to direct sun light, moisture or heat
(50% Relative Humidity – under 80 degrees F is ideal).
• Shelf life is one year under these conditions.