Compressible Glazing Tapes
Whenever you need an adhesive for any architectural glazing application, we’ll be there. Capital Tape offers a full line of spacer tape products and medium to light density PVC foams for making seals that are available in roll form or high volumn die-cut shapes. And, of course, you can always choose the thickness and width that works best for you. Capital Tape’s PVC Foam Tape also works well for cushioning, vibration dampening, weather stripping and sound deadening applications. Highly conformable and easy to compress but tougher than the polyethylene foams.
Compressible Glazing Tapes (Storefront)
11#-15# medium-density, single & double coated, PVC foam tapes. Comes with a paper liner (plastic liner available on double coated).
1/16”, 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”
Standard and Non-Standard Widths Available.
- Clean contact surfaces, preferably with a 50/50 blend of isopropyl alcohol and water, making sure they are dry. Dirt, grease or other foreign matter will prevent the adhesive from creating a strong bond.
- Apply the tape using firm steady pressure around the perimeter of the unit, preferrably with a roller.
- Avoid touching the exposed adhesive area to limit any contamination of the adhesive surface.
- Do not stretch the tape because this will effectively reduce the thickness of the adhesive surface.
- Remove the release liner with a smooth even pull.
PVC Foams are inherently resistant to fire, ultraviolet rays, most chemicals, acids, and solvents. When compressed 30% or more these products completely seal out air, moisture, light, and dust. Medium-density PVC foams are 11 – 15 lbs. per cubic foot in density. These products offer flexibility and conformability with added strength and wear resistance. PVC Foams are a cost effective substitute for polyurethane foam substrates for gasket and sealing applications.
- Store tape in clean area free from exposure to direct sun light, moisture or heat (50% Relative Humidity – under 80 degrees F is ideal).
- Shelf life is one year under these conditions.